All NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds have been reserved. Very limited funds may become available in the future if existing applications are withdrawn or commitments expire. Those funds will then become available on a first-come, first-served basis. Check this website periodically to see if NeighborhoodLIFT funds are available.
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $20,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($22,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians). Learn more
- Requires homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership.
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers.
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in the Newark area. View income limits
Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in Essex County.
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s).
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, planned unit development (PUD), co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home.
Note: No closings may take place until 21 days after the eligibility determination session (EDS).
For further information or questions, please see our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com.